Monday, April 19, 2010

Acne Facts And Fictions

Acne is far from an uncommon ailment. Many of us struggle with this harmless, yet aggravating condition. Fallacies about acne are abundant, as well. Hopefully this article will help you sort out the fact from the fiction.

Fact: Acne is caused by oil secreted by the skin

Yes, it is true that one of the major components of acne is oil secreted by sebaceous glands, which are found in the skin of all mammals.

Fact: Acne is caused by blocked pores

Yes, dead skin cells and excessive oil secretions combine to block the pores in the skin. These blocked pores then begin to grow the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes. The body may then have an allergic reaction to these bacteria. These factors combine to cause an inflammatory response by your body, which is what we call acne.

Fiction: Acne is caused is caused by improper hygiene

While it is true that acne is caused by blocked pores, better hygiene cannot prevent acne. All of the scrubbing in the world cannot unblock or prevent the blocking of pores, because the blockage is well below the surface of the skin.

Fiction: Acne is cause by diet

While acne is caused by excessive oil secretions, changing your diet to exclude oilier foods is not likely to help. These oil secretions are not diet related, but hormonally controlled.

Fact: Acne is related to hormones

The causes of acne are largely controlled by hormones, so acne is often triggered by hormonal changes, such as puberty. Hormonal changes and imbalances can cause the excessive oil secretions, and other factors that are related to the causes of acne.

Fact Acne may be caused by medications

Yes, there is evidence to show that Acne can be caused or triggered by certain medicines or chemicals, including Anabolic steroids, any medication that contains halogens, and exposure to high amounts of chlorine compounds.

3 comments:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover. Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone I’m precious and I’m here to testify about @DrOseghaleHerbalMedication. He helped me cure Herpes diseases that almost had my life. He’s reliable and fast
    Contact him now +2347062814871

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and I already have known that, the best solution to Paralysis is herbal medicines. My family and I are proof to this including Rex my friend.
    I came to trust Nze Njoku Herbal Home after many months that, they have healed my friend from Pain and Arthritis without any aftereffect.
    So I also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my father who have suffered paralysis for 6years.
    My father took this herbal medicine from Nze Njoku Herbal Home without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within 4weeks.
    As I write this my father is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
    Feel free to contact him on;
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete